Thursday 15 September 2011

Ideal Protein - Day 6 - Aug 19 2011

BOOM! 124 Baby! I am so excited! Last night I had a steak stir fry for dinner. The Diet says don’t fry...but I tend to think that means don’t deep fry? Or don’t fry in oil? I fried the steak in a bit of water, then drained off all the drippings and then added garlic, broccoli, green pepper and zucchini. It was delicious! The great part about it was that everyone ate it and I just served theirs over noodles! I think that the best part about this diet for me is that I can have the same meal that my family is having. In a family of four, I couldn't make myself a different meal every night, that would just be annoying!
Tonight everyone is having pizza, except me. I will have chicken and zucchini! With the weight loss I am seeing, I really don’t think that I will mind not eating pizza. I know that once I am done this diet, I will be able to have it from time to time, so I am ok with not having it one time! I really see this diet as something that is worth doing, so why not do it 100%? I know that cheating will set me back and I just not interested in doing that. When I make something for the kids that I am not allowed to have, I don’t even lick my fingers! Of course this is also easier because I am a rule follower, not a rule breaker! I drive the speed limit, I don't download pirated copies of movies and I don’t cheat on my diet. It's just who I am.
I'm also excited to lose this weight because part of the weigh in process included calculating my metabolic age...it was 44 - not cool. So I really feel like I am doing something not only for my outward appearance but for my health in general. Why carry around 10-15 extra pounds that my body doesn’t need? It's just healthier to be a better weight...and I am well on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment