Thursday 15 September 2011

Ideal Protein - Day 33 - Sept 15 2011

I am now in week 2 of Phase 2, which means that I am eating lunch, which is super awesome! The meal plan in Phase 2 is:
  • Breakfast : Ideal Protein Food
  • Lunch: lean protein + 2 cups of veggies
  • Snack: Ideal Protein Food
  • Dinner: Lean protein + 2 cups of veggies
EASY! 

On day 23 I went for my weigh in and measurements. I was down 10 pounds and 15.75 inches. Incredible, but I was still worried about going on to phase 2. Although 10 pounds had been my original weight loss goal, I had heard that when you start eating carbs again you can put back on up to three pounds.  I was wondering if 13 pounds would be a better weight loss goal? After going over all my numbers, including my percent of fat vs muscle, my visceral fat number and my "body age"  which was now 38 instead of the original 44, I decided to move on to phase 2.  I went home and ate lunch!

Day 24 I was down another .6 pounds and every day after that I was either down or maintaining despite the fact that now I was eating a great meal at lunch every day. I had more energy and was really happy to spend more of each day feeling full!

Day 28 something exciting happened!  The kids and I were out and about and we ran into Sprartycat and Feligno from the Ottawa Senators. Without hesitation the kids and I jumped in for a picture. Now usually, I would have grabbed a photo of them, but this time I hopped right in! I actually liked the way I looked in a full body picture!! I definitely cant remember the last time that happened! I was so excited I sent it to all my friends and posted it on Facebook. Definitely the best thing about this diet is that it gives you back your self confidence.


On Monday - day 30 - I started a cardio kickboxing class. It's 45 minutes of extreme cardio, it was so hard but so amazing. I was happy not only that I was able to get through it, but that when I put on my sports bra...I actually liked the way I looked!

So, here I am at day 33 and I am at 116.8 pounds. I have not been that weight since high school.

This week I ran out of multivitamins so I purchased a generic multivitamin at the grocery store. It did not have every mineral in it that the Ideal Protein vitamins do, but it had 90% of what theirs did.  I figured that since I was a week away from starting phase three (where I get to eat fruit) I was ok to do that.  This week I am going to do the same with the calcium-Magnesium pills. I am sure they are cheaper at the grocery store and in phase three you start to eat on dairy products as well.

Overall - I am super happy at where I am at. I didn't really think I would reach a weight where I felt like I had lost enough. I am exercising with the kickboxing class once a week and then doing some exercise ball and elliptical at home twice a week as well. I am so excited to keep the body I have now!

As always, I welcome questions or comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment