Thursday 15 September 2011

Ideal Protein - Day 2 - Aug 15 2011

I had a great night sleep and instead of waking up starving, which I assumed I would, I woke up feeling fine! And I got on the scale – 127! I double checked it, and triple checked it! How can that be??? 4 pounds? Awesome!!!
I took my shower, got ready, made my breakfast shake – wildberry yogurt http://www.idealprotein.com/ipcl_caen.asp?no=152&c=3&p=15 which was super delicious and headed to work. I have learned that the key is to not drink/eat the foods too quickly. I have to remember that they are FULL of protein and my body is not used to having that much protein all at once, especially at breakfast. It took me about a half an hour to drink my breakfast and now I am feeling great! I am having a green tea and looking forward to lunch.
At 10am I had my snack - cucumber dipped in a southwest (approved) dressing. It was good! Lunch was at 12 and I had the Broccoli and cheese soup. I found this to be the same as the omelet, that it was good hot to start with but as it cooled down it tasted very processed and not as good. It was hard to try to eat it all while it was still hot and not feel overly full. I ate the broccoli leftovers from last night and ate about 3/4 of the soup. I think i may move to all shakes and yogurts/puddings.
For an afternoon snack I have more cucumber and dip as well as the Ideal Protein snack of BBQ soy nuts. Dinner will be pork chops and cabbage.
I think that I am figuring out the ins and outs of this diet, what works, what tastes good and how to maximize my feeling of fullness.
I look forward to getting on the scale tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment