Thursday 15 September 2011

Ideal Protein - day 1 - Sunday August 14th 2011

So, Saturday was my last day of meal freedom …and I took full advantage! Raisin Bran for breakfast, left over spaghetti for lunch and homemade lasagna and garlic bread for dinner. I had three helpings of lasagna! We played cards that night where I indulged in chips and cheesies! It was heavenly. I stopped at midnight as Sunday morning was day 1 of my Ideal protein diet.
I woke up Sunday and got on the scale – 131 pounds, not cool!!!
Sunday morning I had chosen for breakfast the cereal http://www.idealprotein.com/ipcl_caen.asp?no=152&c=4&p=25 it filled up maybe half an inch in the bottom of the bowl, not at all what you see in the picture! I added the cold water– which should have been ICE cold and wasn’t. I mixed and ate, it tasted horrible. It was hard, but slimy at the same time. I covered it in cinnamon which made it much more palatable, and there was so little of it, it was not hard to finish. I was prepared to be starving, but I wasn’t. That was a pleasant surprise. I also had black coffee, which was a big change from my old “double double” that I used to enjoy, but also was not horrible.
Around 11 am we were getting ready to go out, so I had a cup of cucumber dunked in one of the approved dressings, it was delicious and I figured it would fend off the hunger until lunch time. We left the house to shop for school supplies and did not get back until 2pm, I was hungry, but in a really manageable way (if that makes sense). Usually when I get hungry I shake, and sweat and need to eat immediately and that did not happen this time. I was hungry and I knew it, but I had none of the other side effects.
At 2pm (for lunch) I had chosen the herb and cheese omelet http://www.idealprotein.com/ipcl_caen.asp?no=152&c=4&p=29 this was good because I could add veggies to it to ensure that I was really full! I added spinach and cherry tomoatoes. It tasted great and it was easy to make. The only downfall is that there is so much protein in these meals, I could only eat half of it before it started to get cold and I could taste its true processed nature. I don’t think I would choose the omelet again just because I can’t eat that much protein that quickly.
At 3pm I had half of the “snack” http://www.idealprotein.com/ipcl_caen.asp?no=152&c=11&p=6 this was super delicious and I had trouble not eating all of it, just because it tasted so good! At 4:30 pm I had the other half! Yumm! I followed that by a green tea, which is good for you, will help fill you up and tastes great!
Dinner is your own choice of food (from the approved list) I had bbq chicken with olive oil, sea salt and garlic. For my veggie I had broccoli and had no problem eating 2 cups of that! After dinner I was surprisingly stuffed!
By 8pm I was starting to feel the effects of the diet. I was tired and not feeling quite myself. I felt full, but also hungry. I had already had 10 glasses of water so I also felt supremely bloated. I still had 2 vitamins to take and could not imagine putting another drop of water into my system! I had a hot bath, which was a super bad idea and got out when I started to feel really nauseous! I got into bed by about 9, had my vitamins and I was laying there hungry…and sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment