Thursday 15 September 2011

Last 10 pounds…this time it’s personal!

Time to get serious!....well more serious anyway. After 4 weeks of eating well and working out every day or every other day, I lost 3 pounds, and holding. Even after giving up meals for shakes, I have hit a plateau, which I was worried I would do. So last night I signed up for Ideal Protein and I start on Sunday. Their logo is “your last diet” – well let’s hope so!
The diet is a 4 stage plan, the first phase lasts until you have reached 90% of your weight loss goal, then you move to stage two, three and then to the “maintain” phase when you stay healthy and active and eat properly. I love the idea that you get on, you lose the weight and you get off. I like knowing there is an end in sight. I feel like I can do ANY diet when I know it is short term and that I won’t put all the weight back on once I am done (like I did with the Atkins diet). If you haven’t looked into Ideal Protein, I won’t give you all the details here, but the science behind is great. http://www.idealprotein.com/ipcl_usen.asp?no=215
Last night, I went into the Black Belt Excellence Martial Arts Academy in Bridlewood. I was weighed, measured and picked out my food. To start with I got 7 packages of breakfasts. I chose shakes, puddings, cereals and omelets. Then I chose 7 lunches (soups, shakes and omelet’s)
and snacks – these seems fun. I got chocolate and peanut bars, chips and soy nuts – stuff that will allow me to crunch on something and make me feel like I am actually snacking. Dinner will be up to me, I can have 5-8 ounces of approved meats and 2 cups of approved veggies. Lunch will also include 2 cups of veggies and all day long I can have as much lettuce/spinach as I want.
So Sunday I will start with cereal for breakfast and an omelet for lunch with chicken planned for dinner. I’ve been told that in the first three days it is not unlikely that I will be hungry and will be lacking in energy until my body figures out to use fat instead of carbs to fuel my body. Note to all of you – don’t bug me on those days! LOL The blogs that I have read have also indicated that if I remember to eat all my snacks, all my veggies and all my salad that really helps with the hunger. My concern is with limited veggies for the phase one I am going to find it hard to eat 4 cups of veggies a day.
This diet is going to take some preparation, which I have already begun. Last night I laid out all of my packages and planned my eating for the next week. With a stapler to connect them and a sticky note on each threesome I outlined what I will be eating at each meal with a reminder to myself to eat 4 cups of veggies, 1 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp of sea salt, vitamins and 10 glasses of water. I will do the same preparation with my veggies and be sure to slice and dice them and put them in baggies of 1 cup each. So I can grab them and go before work or at lunch time.
I am really excited about this diet. The start-up cost was not inexpensive however with a firm and strict plan in place and weekly check-ins I am very confident that this will work.
7 Breakfasts: $27
7 Lunches: $27
7 Snacks: $27
Sea salt, vitamins (4 bottles), laxatives (oh no), shaker (to mix foods), meal plan: $75

No comments:

Post a Comment