Tuesday 20 May 2014

Justified – Season 1 – Episode 1 - My first requested review!




 Justified is a crime drama set in rural Kentucky. It stars Timothy Olyphant (still not completely clear on how to pronounce that but since I am writing, you can pronounce it any way you like!)

Having entered into its fifth season in January of 2014 on FX, the Network CEO John Landgraf has now confirmed that there will be a sixth and final season. 

Given the amount of time that someone just starting this show will have to invest, it’s wise to get a review first!  It’s what I am here for; and given that you will probably want to watch this show, I will make the review short – you have 13 episodes a season to watch (times 4.5 seasons), so you are already short on time!

Acting – Timothy Olyphant – he has been in everything - and is great in everything.  With over 50 credits to his name on IMDB, he even made “I Am Number Four” bearable. I loved him in The Crazies!

Story – to be honest, this is a bit been-there-done-that for me; small town guy returning to his old haunts and dealing with all his old buddies... but now as a US Marshall – we all know this has been done to death.  I think the redeeming thing here is the quality of the series, Justified is really well done and authentic.

My only complaint?  (you knew I would have one) is Walton Goggins – who plays Boyd Crowder – has a full set of gorgeous veneers when he flashes his evil grin.  In backwoods Kentucky where they all still use rotary phones he has managed to find a fantastic dentist? Really?

Overall – great show, great cast and worth investing the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment