Monday 27 October 2014

Constantine - scared the **beep** outta me!

The wiki-facts: 

Constantine is an American television series airing on NBC, based on the characters appearing in the comic series Hellblazer published by DC Comics under their Vertigo imprint

The background facts: 

So I am not a fan of horror movies... not that I wouldn't like to be, but the sweating, nausea and nightmares are just not worth it for me.

When I was about 5 years old, I got up in the middle of the night for a drink of water at my grandmothers house and walked in on my older cousins watching "The Exorcist" - I've been scarred ever since.  There are just some things you cannot un-see...

Over the years I have been able to learn to enjoy slasher type movies - pure gore like "Hostel" but the one thing I cant handle is anything with demonic possession...

So you can imagine my horror when in the first few opening lines of Constantine he proclaims that he is an exorcist. Dammit! Much to my surprise - as scared out of my wits as I was - I could not turn away.

Findings: 

Constantine is scary. Scary like a big budget big screen movie.

I hated it ...and loved it because of that! It was so good that it could take my biggest fear (2nd only to large spiders) and make me spend 40 minutes watching more! Great show!
It will scare you to the point of peeing your pants!!


cast: 

  • Matt Ryan as John Constantine, an enigmatic and irreverent con man-turned-reluctant supernatural detective who is thrust into the role of defending humanity against dark forces from beyond. 
  • Harold Perrineau as Manny, an authoritative angel assigned to watch over Constantine. He communicates with him by temporarily stepping into other people's bodies. 
  • Charles Halford as Chas Chandler, Constantine’s oldest friend and staunch companion who possesses powerful survival skills that might possibly be supernatural. 
  • Angélica Celaya as Zed Martin 
  • Lucy Griffiths as Liv Aberdeen 

No comments:

Post a Comment