Sunday 30 September 2012

Are two breasts too much to ask for? ...Scores says yes!

It's Saturday night, my oldest son is having a sleepover and I have my best friend over for dinner and we decide it's time for take-out. Wanting to have something moderately healthy, we choose Scores delivery. 

I call the delivery hotline at 310.33.77 and I order the VALUE MEAL "The perfect meal for a small family. This meal deal consists of a quarter leg, a quarter breast, 2 chicken nugget meals as well as all the sides.". I request this meal and then ask them to please substitute a second quarter breast for the quarter leg because we only eat white meat. The call centre agent tells me that they are not able to do this because the value meal is priced at $23.99.  I explain that I understand that there will be some nominal fee for a 2nd breast but that is ok and I would definitely like them to make this substitution and charge me the difference.  She explains again that she is not able to do this because she cannot change the value meal at all.  I feel immediately like this is odd because I am certainly not the first person to request a substitution of this nature and I ask to speak to a supervisor. I get put on hold for 5 minutes and hang up.

 I call back and get a different call centre attendant who goes on to tell me the same thing. I express my disbelief and restate that I am certainly not the first person that has ever requested this, especially since it it the healthier choice ...and she continues to tell me that she cannot make the substitution.  When I ask to speak to a supervisor, she puts me on hold for approximately 3 minutes and comes back to tell me that her supervisor is busy.....wow...so I tell her nevermind and I about to hang up when she says that she can ring it in separately.  I inform her that I am certain that this won't add up to the same price as the value meal plus an extra charge for a 2nd breast substitution but she insists on checking.  So once she has it punched in, she tells me my total would be $35.99 ...instead of the original value meal price of $23.99 ...so a 12 dollar penalty for white meat? really???? I tell her to nevermind again and i hang up ...again.

In complete disbelief I decide to call Scores Kanata location to see if I can get some assistance. I inform the person that answers the phone of the issue I am having with the call centre and ask if it is possible for me to place an order there. He explains that although the food comes from there and I can get take out there, I can not get delivery from there. I again find myself asking to speak to a manager and again I am put on hold for a solid 5 minutes.  The person who answered the phone comes back and explains that their manager is busy as well and can't come to the phone. He asks if he can take my name and number and call me back.  Since I have just been told that I cannot get delivery from this number I assume a call back is quite pointless so I decline.

In a desperate last attempt I call the 310 delivery number again....I bite the bullet and just order it all separately and 50 dollars and 25 minutes later my order is in front of me.

So here are my questions.
1. Am I really the only person who has ever asked to have a leg quarter switched for a breast quarter?
2. If I am, shouldn't there be some way to accommodate a customer when the request is not extraordinary?  I didn't want the chicken breast glazed with gold and delivered by dancing Arabian horses!
3. Why on all of these occasions was a manager not available to solve this issue?
4. Will I ever choose Scores again.....doubtful...

No comments:

Post a Comment