Thursday 31 May 2012

Really Bell?

So I get a registered letter in the mail yesterday, it's from Bell Canada.  This letter states "Great news! we have introduced newer TV receiver models that will provide you with an even wider selection of channels as they become available.  The newer model will replace your current Bell TV HD9200 receiver, which will soon no longer work.  The best news is that you are getting this receiver at no cost to you" ...and the worst news is that my old PVR will soon no longer work? How is that great news?

When I signed up for a dual HD PVR when I opened my account with Bell I did so because you boasted that I could record and keep over 180 hours of movies and TV shows...and now I will lose all of those because you have upgraded your software?

I called Bell to confirm the information in this letter and to see if there was some way to move all the movies and the last 2 months of my favourite TV shows from the old PVR (which will apparently "soon no longer work") to the new PVR...and the answer is NO.  So I ask how long before this stops working and she says that because I called in I am am now on the list to have this replaced in the next 7-10 days. 

I would hazard to guess that there are currently 20 movies on the PVR as well as 20 episodes of How I Met your Mother, 15 episodes of The Office and at least 9 episodes of Grimm...quick math, can I watch about 70 hours of programming in the next 7 - 10 days? Ok, arguably it COULD be done, but not without losing my job and probably my sanity.

So I ask if I can put off this "transition" and she says that I can't, because I called in. I spend the next ten minutes trying to convince her to forget that I called in and will now spend the next half hour trying to figure out how I will watch 70 hours of programming as fast as humanly possible...

If any of this messes with my girls night Bachelorette viewing I will be pissed!

No comments:

Post a Comment